Monday, March 23, 2009

Food lovers unite!




I do not work at that boring job anymore so I am changing the set up of this blog. From now on, I will talk about food, food, and more food. I will talk about the food I want to cook and the food that I do cook. And maybe a little bit about the food that other people cook. I cook everything that I can; from sweets to meats to breads and home made pastas. Everything that can be cook I like to cook. Well, maybe not the bugs and other stuff you find in Thailand or the rainforest. But pretty mush anything else. The pictures I'm posting are about a Shabbas dinner I made for my boyfriend who was a little home sick. We just moved to Western, NY and it's been a culture shock to say the least. So now I cook up a storm and do everything I can to make our bellies full. Here are some pictures. I made everything from scratch, including the sweet Challah bread which is my own recipe. What is Challah bread? you ask. It is only the most delicious sweet eggy bread that is braided and then torn apart in chunks. Or used the next day for french toast. Or just buttered and stuffed into my waiting mouth.


I also made braised brisket with a red wine reduction sauce, parsley and dill matzoh balls, chicken soup, roasted brussel sprouts, and indian spiced cous-cous. If anyone wants the recipes, let me know!
I also don't know why one of my pictures is sideways, but I don't know how to turn it around. f anyone knows how let me know. Maybe I'll even figure it out one of these days


No comments:

Post a Comment