Monday, March 30, 2009




So I've been checking out a lot of food blogs recently and I am very interested in thepioneerwoman.com


I found a recipe for corn bread on there and gave it a whirl. What I made was a moist and delicious fluffy corn bread, not made from a box, that was incredibly flavorful. I modified the recipe a little bit, to suit my own needs. I don't really keep milk in the house, I use rice milk in my cereal, and I didn't have any buttermilk. I did happen to have plain yogurt. The picture above is me mixing the egg, rice milk, yogurt, baking soda and baking powder to the dry ingredients. Oh, it was sooooo good. At the end I mixed in a bit of honey just to add a slight sweetness that you would normally get with milk. I think this would also be amazing with the addition of cooked corn kernels. A real keeper recipe.
You can see on the top picture that the crumb is very delicate. I couldn't believe all the height and fluffiness from baking powder. I also made the roasted red pepper sauce with pine nuts for pasta, soooooo amazing. I didn't take any pictures because it was practically gone within minutes. But it was a great recipe. I lightened it by not using cream to finish it off. Chicken stock and a dab of yogurt completed the slightly creamy, yet loose enough to coat pasta, sauce. bon apetito!

No comments:

Post a Comment